Purdue University Office of Publications Oral History Program collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSO 2
The Purdue Office of Publications Oral History Program collection documents Purdue University history through oral history interviews with Purdue University professors and administrators. Types of materials include: printed material, cassette tapes, reel-to-reel tapes, compact discs, and digital materials. Interview topics include Purdue history and changes in administration and academic departments.
- 1969 - 1989
- Majority of material found within 1970 - 1972
- Eckles, Robert B. (Person)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is primarily in English. German is also present.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
4.00 Cubic Feet (Four cubic foot boxes) : 70 audio reels and 25 audio cassettes
Oral history interviews conducted by Purdue Professor Robert B. Eckles with Purdue University professors and administrators.
The Purdue Office of Publications Oral History Program collection is arranged into two series.
- Biographical and Associated Materials
Technical Access Information
Audio reels require specialized equipment for playback. Digital recordings of audio reels are available and require software able to play MP3 audio files. Transcriptions are available digitally in PDF format and require software able to display PDF files.
Materials transferred to Purdue University Libraries from Purdue Office of Publications.
"Welcome to Purdue" Campus Map 1969 moved to MSR 6 Purdue University Campus Map Collection.
All materials have been housed in acid-free folders and acid-free boxes. All newsprint has been photocopied, with photocopies made available for research.
- Eckles, Robert B. (Person)
- Andrews, Frederick Newcomb, 1914-1998 (Person)
- Andrews, Theodora (Person)
- Berkshire, William Thomas, 1882-1973 (Person)
- Bottum, J. Carroll (Joe Carroll), 1905-1995 (Person)
- Brenes, Edin E. (Person)
- Brown, Herbert C. (Herbert Charles), 1912-2004 (Person)
- Buchanan, DeWitt Wheeler, 1876-1977 (Person)
- Butz, Earl L. (Earl Lauer), 1909-2008 (Person)
- Cordell, Richard A. (Richard Albert), 1896-1986 (Person)
- Day, John S. (Person)
- Fan, H. Y. (Person)
- Fontaine, William E. (Person)
- Freehafer, Lytle J., 1910-1987 (Person)
- Freeman, Verne, 1900-1999 (Person)
- Gabbard, Edward (Person)
- Goetsch, Gerald D., 1923- (Person)
- Haas, Felix, 1921- (Person)
- Haelterman, E. O. (Person)
- Hawkins, George A. (George Andrew), 1907- (Person)
- Hicks, John W. (John William), 1921- (Person)
- Hovde, Frederick L., 1908-1983 (Person)
- Jenkins, Glenn L. (Glenn Llewellyn), 1898-1979 (Person)
- Karling, John S. (John Sidney), 1898- (Person)
- Kerker, Ann E. (Person)
- Knoy, Maurice George, 1912-1991 (Person)
- Koffler, Henry (Person)
- Kohls, Richard L. (Richard Louis), 1921- (Person)
- Lawshe, C. H. (Charles Hubert), 1908-2000 (Person)
- LeBold, William Kerns, 1923- (Person)
- Mackey, Guy J., 1905-1971 (Person)
- Mallett, Donald R., 1910-1971 (Person)
- McNelly, George W., 1926- (Person)
- Mellon, M. G. (Melvin Guy), 1893-1993 (Person)
- Moriarty, John Helenbeck, 1903-1971 (Person)
- Morse, Erskine V. (Person)
- Ogle, Marbury Bladen, 1910- (Person)
- Parkhurst, Nelson Mitchell, 1914-2011 (Person)
- Potter, A. A. (Andrey Abraham), 1882- (Person)
- Purcell, Edward M. (Person)
- Roberts, Marcus Dale, 1904-1977 (Person)
- Roberts, Oscar D., 1911- (Person)
- Schleman, Helen B. (Helen Blanche), 1902-1992 (Person)
- Shreve, R. Norris (Randolph Norris), 1885-1975 (Person)
- Smalley, John C., 1918-1987 (Person)
- Solberg, Harry L. (Harry Leland), 1898- (Person)
- Sperandio, Glen J. (Person)
- Stewart, Robert Bruce (Person)
- Stockton, Jack J. (Person)
- Stone, Beverley, 1916 - 2003 (Person)
- Tiffin, Joseph, 1905- (Person)
- Tyler, Varro E. (Person)
- Volk, Norman James, 1901-1990 (Person)
- Weiler, Emanuel Thornton, 1914- (Person)
- White, Harland W., 1907-2006 (Person)
- Woods, Kenneth B. (Kenneth Brady), 1905- (Person)
- Zucrow, Maurice J. (Maurice Joseph), 1899-1975 (Person)
- Law, Gordon T., Jr., 1945- (Person)
- McBee, Earl T. (Person)
- Zinn, Nancy Whitten (Person)
- Freehafer, Ruth W. (Person)
- Purdue Office of Publications Oral History Program collection
- Under Review
- Shauna Borger, Katie Martin, Emily Durkin, and Amanda Burdick
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description was first completed 2016-04-05.
- 2016-04-05: Finding aid updated in 2015 and 2016 to include more authoritative names and enhanced collection description.
- 2017-11-08: Collection reprocessed and arranged into two series, record updated by Amanda Burdick