Felix Haas Hall (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1909-
Originally called the Memorial Gymnasium, Felix Haas Hall was built in 1908. The building was constructed in memory of those who died in the Indianapolis train wreck of October 31, 1903 that killed football team members and fans. When it was built, the gymnasium consisted of a basketball court, indoor track, gymnasium, a swimming pool, 35 adjoined shower-baths, and 1800 lockers. The gymnasium was the headquarters for physical education for men and intercollegiate athletics until the completion of the Lambert Fieldhouse in the late 1930s. The building was converted into the Computer Science building in 1985.
CitationFelix Haas Hall. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 16, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/67
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 61, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 133
Scope and Contents The Memorial Gymnasium records contain receipts from the donations given to the University for the construction of the building. Building dedication information as well as the memorial service programs for those that lost their lives in the Purdue train wreck are also included.
Dates: 1903 - 1935