Jane Forbing Lomont scrapbook
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSA 162
Scope and Contents
The Jane Forbing Lomont scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, invitations, dance cards, programs, handbooks and other printed ephemera related to Lomont's time as a student at Purdue, her husband Allen Lomont's political career in Fort Wayne, her participation and interest in Indiana state politics, and her career in the Federal Housing Administration.
- 1932 - 1937
- Lomont, Jane Forbing, 1915-1999 (Person)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University or original creator. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
Jane Forbing of Fort Wayne, Indiana, enrolled at Purdue University in the fall of 1933 to study Home Economics. While at Purdue, she was a member of the Women's Glee Club. Jane worked at the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) in Indianapolis as a stenographer and later became the head of the FHA's district office in Fort Wayne. She later married Allen Lomont of Indiana, a political candidate and lawyer.
0.218 Cubic Feet (One flat box)
Language of Materials
The scrapbook is contained in an archival bag to stabilize its fragile leather cover. Two booklets and two tickets that came loose from the scrapbook are housed in an acid-free folder.
- Jane Forbing Lomont collection
- Mary A. Sego, Keertana Marella, and Adriana Harmeyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- Third edition. Collection description was first completed 2010-05-08.
- 2020-03-30: Collection description updated by Keertana Marella
- 2020-08-27: Collection title changed from Allan Lomont collection to Jane Forbing Lomont scrapbook and descriptions updated by Adriana Harmeyer.