Katherine E. Golden Bitting papers
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 16, Placement: 01
Identifier: MSF 39
Scope and Contents
This collection contains four folders with articles written by Katherine Golden Bitting, vita, bibliographic information, Plant Studies book and an article about Katherine Bitting.
- 1904 - 1910
Language of Materials
Collection material is in English.
This collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Portions of material in this collection are in the public domain. Other material copyrights held by Purdue University or original creator. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
Katherine Golden Bitting earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Purdue in 1892, and became an instructor soon after graduating. She married Arvill Wayne Bitting, a professor of veterinary science, and they went on to take jobs at the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Katherine, a microanalyst in the chemistry division, gained expertise on food preservation and related topics, authoring nearly fifty pamphlets in that subject area. Her 4,346 volume collection of gastronomic literature from the fifteenth through twentieth centuries now resides at the Library of Congress' Rare Books and Special Collections Division.
Source: "Women in Purdue History." Susan Bulkeley Butler Women's Archives, Purdue University Archives and Special Collections. Retrieved from: http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/womens-archives/notable.php
0.1 Cubic Feet (Four folders)
Collection materials are divided by type and placed in chronological order.
Material has been housed in acid-free folders and box.
- Katherine E. Golden Bitting papers
- In Progress
- Amanda Rumba, Mary A. Sego, and Katey Watson.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description first completed 2011-01-06 by Mary Sego.
- 2020-04-07: Collection description updated by Amanda Rumba to more fully meet standards.
- 2020-05-19: Additional subjects and related materials were added; extent was updated and dates and identifiers in files were cleaned up to align with standards.