Carol Pyle collection of Dean of Women and Dean of Students Memorabilia
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSA 281
The Carol Pyle Collection of Dean Of Women And Dean Of Students Memorabilia includes correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia documenting Pyle’s relationships with Dorothy Stratton, Helen Schleman, Beverley Stone, and Barbara Cook. The correspondence is generally of a casual nature, such as what books are being read and reports of social gatherings. The collection consists of one folder of correspondence and clippings and one envelope containing an empty jewelry box with a note from Dorothy Stratton.
- 1980 - 2006
- Majority of material found within 1980 - 1989
- Pyle, Carol M. (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
0.182 Cubic Feet (1 half-width letter-sized manuscript box)
Correspondence and clippings documenting Carol Pyle’s relationship with Dorothy Stratton, Helen Schleman, Beverley Stone, and Barbara Cook.
Carol M. Pyle earned Bachelor of Science in Physics from Purdue University in 1968. She was awarded her degree with honors. While at Purdue, she was active in many activities, including The Exponent and Mortar Board. Ms. Pyle also earned an MBA in Finance from Drexel University in 1973. She now lives in the Philadelphia area and owns Carol M. Pyle and Associates, a company specializing in finanicial services assistance.
Collections donated by Carol M. Pyle on March 15, 2012.
All materials have been housed in acid-free folders and acid-free boxes.
- Artifacts (Object genre)
- Clippings files
- Cook, Barbara I. (Barbara Ivy), 1929-2013
- Purdue University. Dean of Students.
- Purdue University. Dean of Women
- Schleman, Helen B. (Helen Blanche), 1902-1992
- Stone, Beverley, 1916 - 2003
- Stratton, Dorothy C. (Dorothy Constance), 1899-2006
- Women college administrators--United States
- Carol Pyle collection of Dean of Women and Dean of Students Memorabilia
- Jonathan McConnell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description was first completed 2013-07-02.
- 2019-07-11: Additional agents and subjects added. Data cleaned up to align with ASC standards.