William Arganbright letter
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 3, Placement: 04
Identifier: MSA 44
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of one letter written by William E. Arganbright to Dr. Robert L. Thompson, Dean of Agriculture, September 9, 1991. The letter addresses Arganbright's experiences while a Purdue student, including time serving in the Indiana National Guard Battery B, from the perspective of a then ninety-seven year old man.
- September 9, 1991
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Some material in this collection is in the public domain, while other material copyrights are held by Purdue University. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
William E. Arganbright entered Purdue University on September 1, 1914. He served in Battery B of the Indiana National Guard and went to "Yono Grande" on the border of Texas in June of 1916, where they stayed for five months. From there they went to Fort Benjamin Harrison in Indianapolis, and later reentered Purdue. He graduated with a B.S. in Agriculture in 1922.
0.025 Cubic Feet (One folder)
Language of Materials
Source and date of acquisition are unknown.
The material is housed in an acid-free folder and an acid-free box.
- William Arganbright letter
- Mary A. Sego, Adelle Rogers, and Adriana Harmeyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Third edition. Collection description first completed 2010-01-07.
- 2020-03-24: Collection description updated by Adelle Rogers.
- 2020-06-01: Collection description updated to include references to Battery B by Adriana Harmeyer.