Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association records
Collection — Box: 1-13
Identifier: MSP 15
The Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association Records (GLATA) (1949-2011; 28 cubic feet) document the official business activities of the Association. The records include constitutions and bylaws, policies and procedures, directories, correspondence, reports, printed material, meeting minutes, financial records, computer media, audio-visual materials, artifacts, and photographs.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1968-2006
- Other: Date acquired: 04/06/2008
- Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
28.00 Cubic Feet
56 manuscript boxes, 6 cubic foot boxes other_unmapped
27.00 Cubic Feet
The records are organized into thirteen series: Series 1: Executive Council Leadership, 1949-2006 (3.5 feet) Series 2: Executive Council Meetings, Minutes, Reports, and Correspondence, 1968-2006 (4 feet) Series 3: Annual Clinical Symposia, 1968-2006 (1 foot) Series 4: Membership Reports, 1969-2005 (3 feet) Series 5: Financial Records, 1969-2006 (2.5 feet) Series 6: Newsletters and Related Publications, 1964-2006 (2.5 feet) Series 7: Public Relations, 1976-2006 (0.5 feet) Series 8: Honors and Awards, 1975-2006 (0.5 feet) Series 9: Student Involvement, 1997-2006 (0.5 feet) Series 10: Audio-Visual Materials, 1988-1999 (0.5 feet) Series 11: Memorabilia, 1964-2006 (1.5 feet) Includes new members Series 12: NATA [National Athletic Trainers Association] Records, 1951-2006 (6 feet) Series 13: GLATA History and Archives, 2003-2006 (0.5 feet)
Physical Access Requirements
Collection is housed in offsite storage, 24 hour notice is required before viewing.
Source of Acquisition
Katie Grove, PhD, ATC, President of the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association, 2006
Method of Acquisition Donation
Accruals and Additions
20060628 original donation. Collection is added to on a regular basis.
Existence and Location of Originals
multi-part note content
Other Descriptive Information
Please see the PDF finding aid for the most current information and greatest content detail.
Collection processed by Lorraine Madway, PhD (Wichita State University Libraries); Roger Kalisiak, MS, ATC (Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association); and Rich Carey, MS, ATC (Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association).
- Falb, Kent
- Newell, William E.
- Artifacts (Object genre)
- Athletic trainers
- Audiovisual materials
- Financial records
- Great Lakes Region (North America)
- Minutes (administrative records)
- National Athletic Trainers Association
- Photographic prints
- Storage devices
- Women athletes--Training of
- Women athletic trainers
- Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association records
- Lorraine Madway, PhD; Roger Kalisiak, MS, ATC; Rich Carey, MS, ATC
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- 09099999: Finding aid updated by Elizabeth Wilkinson, June 2009. Finding updated by Susan Calvert, October 2011. Finding aid updated by E. Wilkinson in March 2012, October 2012.