Lilly Hall of Life Sciences (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1959-
The Lilly Hall of Life Sciences originally housed the Departments of Biological Science, Animal Husbandry, Botany, and Plant Pathology and Agronomy. When it was built, it was the largest single academic structure on campus. Construction started with the west wing in 1951 and, in 1955, Agronomy moved into the building. Construction on the main entrance began in 1957 and Biology and Animal Sciences moved into the east wing in 1959. It was renamed Lilly Hall of Life Sciences in 1960 and in 1967 the basement was constructed and the building was remodeled.
CitationLilly Hall of Life Sciences. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 16, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/122
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 115
Scope and Contents The Lilly Hall of Life Science records comprise three copies of a booklet with information about the building and the departments it housed upon its opening.