Purdue Choral Society Sheet Music collection
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSP 33
The collection consists sheet music in eight bound volumes and additional loose sheet music. Music type include canons and rounds and folk music. Contents include musical scores in multiple forms. The music was likely compiled by Purdue Musical Organizations Director Al Stewart.
- 1943 - 1990
Languages of Materials
Collection material is primarily in English. Some materials include German or Latin.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Portions of material in this collection are in the public domain. Other material copyrights held by Purdue University or original creator. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
0.40 Cubic Feet (One full-with letter-size manuscript box)
The Purdue Choral Society was established circa 1932 under the direction of Al Stewart, who was named the director of what became Purdue Musical Organizations. The Choral Society was composed of three musical organizations on the Purdue University West Lafayette campus: the Women's Glee Club, the Men's Glee Club, and the University Choir.
Purdue copyrighted material is arranged by volume number. Sheet music from outside sources are grouped together.
Materials were donated to Purdue University Archives and Special Collections at an unknown date by an unknown individual or department.
Materials were placed into acid-free folders for preservation.
- Purdue Choral Society Sheet Music collection
- Under Review
- Mary A. Sego and Heidi Shaw
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description was first completed 2009-05-06.
- 2018-04-20: Updated notes and content description. Updated collection name to "Purdue Choral Society Sheet Music collection" from "Purdue Choral collection." Completed by student assistant Heidi Shaw (Neal Harmeyer, supervisor).