Purdue University Newsreels and Year in Review recordings
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 65
Scope and Contents
The Purdue Newsreel began in 1956 as a yearly film, and later video, review of university events of the previous year. Contents of each recording focus upon academics, student activities, campus structures, athletics, and special events. One silent film, circa 1943-1945, is also included in the collection. In 2013, the Purdue Newsreel was renamed the Purdue Year in Review.
- 1943 - 2019
- Majority of material found within 1955 - 2019
- Purdue University (Organization)
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Some material in this collection are in the public domain, while other material copyrights are held by Purdue University. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
0.583 Cubic Feet (Two shoe boxes)
Language of Materials
Physical discs and digital-born files are arranged chronologically.
Digital copies of the newsreels were donated by the Purdue Alumni Association in 2006 following digital conversion of the reels onto DVD by the Alumni Assocation.
Original transfer of materials from Purdue Marketing and Media on June 30, 2006.
One new recording is transferred each year via Purdue University Marketing and Media.
Contents transferred on DVD have been migrated to digital format for preservation and access purposes.
- Purdue University Newsreels and Year in Review recordings
- In Progress
- Neal Harmeyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Third edition. Collection description first completed in 2007.
- 2020-05-12: Collection description updated by Adelle Rogers.
- 2020-10-29: Updated collection extent, dates, and notes, by Neal Harmeyer