Mabel Post Coulter papers
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 17, Placement: 22
Identifier: MSF 77
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of one notebook of Mabel Coulter containing notations, compositions and Greek prose and some of her correspondence.
- 1880 - 1917
- Coulter, Mabel Post (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material is in English.
This collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University.
Mabel Post (Coulter) Smith was born October 21, 1880, to Stanley Coulter, Purdue’s first Dean of Science, and grew up near Purdue University. She left Indiana to study and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1902 from Smith College. By 1907, Mabel had returned to Lafayette, Indiana, and married Albert Smith, a Purdue Civil Engineering graduate. They had two children, Catherine and Frederick. She died April 19, 1977, and is buried in Lafayette, Indiana.
Sources: Author: Emma Meyer.
0.05 Cubic Feet (Two folders)
Material has been housed in acid-free folder and box.
- Mabel Post Coulter papers
- In Progress
- Mary A. Sego
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description first completed 2010-09-07 by Mary Sego.
- 2020-04-14: Collection description updated by Amanda Rumba to align with data entry standards.