Purdue University administrative scrapbooks
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 183
Scope and Contents
The Purdue University administrative scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, administrative records and forms, photographs, maps, and advertisements for events at Purdue. Newspaper articles cover a wide range of topics about Purdue, including students, faculty, events, sports, conferences, research, funding, and campus buildings.
- 1875 - 1975
- Purdue University (Organization)
Language of Materials
Most collection materials are in English. Three news articles are in Dutch.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Some materials in this collection are in the public domain. Other material copyrights held by Purdue University. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
Purdue University was established in 1869 as the land-grant college for the state of Indiana. The university first held classes in 1874.
10.146 Cubic Feet (Seven cubic foot boxes, two drop-front deep lid print boxes, three flat print boxes, and one CD box)
Collection materials were kept by Purdue University. The original dates of acquisition are unknown.
This collection is housed in acid-free boxes.
- Purdue University administrative scrapbooks
- Under Review
- Adelle Rogers and William Niner
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description first completed 2020-02-05.
- 2022-11-30: Purdue Clips booklet added, and corresponding descriptions updated by William Niner.
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 13 (Mixed Materials)