Lambert Field House and Gymnasium records
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 61, Placement: 03
Identifier: UA 134
Scope and Contents
The Lambert Field House and Gymnasium records contain open house information pamphlets from the building's dedication ceremony.
- January 15, 1938
- Purdue University (Organization)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University.
Lambert Fieldhouse was originally called the Fieldhouse and Gymnasium for Men when it was built in 1937 as a Public Works Administration Project. It housed the offices of the Division of Physical Education for Men, training rooms, locker and shower rooms, classrooms, several small gymnasiums, a large gymnasium, an Olympic-size swimming pool with complete water conditioning equipment, and a basketball court with seating for 8,500 people. The Fieldhouse was renamed in honor of Coach Ward "Piggy" Lambert in 1971.
Source: Purdue University Board of Trustee Minutes
0.025 Cubic Feet (One folder)
Source and date of acquisition are unknown.
Collection housed in acid-free folder.
- Lambert Field House and Gymnasium records
- Jon Hathaway
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- First edition.