Locomotive Testing Plant records
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 60, Placement: 16
Identifier: UA 128
Scope and Contents
The Locomotive Testing Plant records contain an information booklet providing details about the facility and floorplans of the plant as well as technical drawings of locomotives.
- Purdue University (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Collection material is in the public domain.
The Locomotive Testing Plant contained equipment for the reception of a locomotive. The design of the buildings allowed the locomotive's actions to be studied and its performance tested while the engine was running at any desired speed and under any load, the conditions being similar to those of the track. When mounted upon the testing plant the locomotive was fired, and its motion was controlled precisely as if it were upon the road. The plant, which was originally in the general laboratory, had been removed to an annex especially designed to receive it. All parts of the mount were adjustable to receive any locomotive whatsoever. The annex track was originally connected with the Lake Erie and Western Railroad.
0.025 Cubic Feet (One folder)
Source and date of acquisition are unknown.
The collection is housed in an acid-free folder.
- Locomotive Testing Plant records
- Amanda Rumba, Jon Hathaway
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description first completed 2017-09-20 by Jon Hathaway.
- 2020-05-08: Collection description updated by Amanda Rumba to align with ArchivesSpace data entry standards.