Skip to main content

Electrical Engineering Building records

 Collection — Box: Communal Collections 60, Placement: 15
Identifier: UA 127

Scope and Contents

The Electrical Engineering Building records contain an article discussing the building as well as invitations to the dedication ceremony of the Thomas Duncan Addition to the building.

Dates

  • 1926 - 1931

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

The collection is open for research.

Historical Information

The Electrical Engineering building consisted of a large addition to the Electrical Building, and was constructed in the summer of 1906. It was a three-story stone and brick building attached to a one story brick structure, with a basement. It contained instrument rooms; a calibration room, laboratories, a seminary room, offices, rooms for electrical design, and lecture and recitation rooms. The one-story wing contained a large lecture hall which seated 300 students. Several additions to the building have been completed since.

Source: The Annual Report of Purdue University

Extent

0.05 Cubic Feet (The Electrical Engineering Building records consist of two folders housed in a communal letter size manuscript box with several other Purdue buildings collections.)

Creator

Title
Electrical Engineering Building records
Status
Completed
Author
Jon Hathaway
Date
2017-09-20
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Edition statement
First edition

Repository Details

Part of the Purdue University Archives and Special Collections Repository

Contact:
504 W. State Street
West Lafayette Indiana 47907 United States
765-494-2839