Elliott Hall of Music records
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 60, Placement: 13
Identifier: UA 125
The Elliott Hall of Music records contain information about the building dedication in 1940, past performances, brochures, and a safety plan for the building drafted in 1960.
- 1940 - 1990
- Purdue University (Organization)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University.
0.15 Cubic Feet (Five folders)
The Hall of Music was dedicated on May 3 and 4, 1940. The facility seats 6,148 people, one of the largest auditoriums in the world at the time of its opening. It was renamed in honor of Purdue President Edward C. Elliott in 1958.
Source: Purdue University Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Source and date of acquisition are unknown.
Collection housed in acid-free folders.
- Elliott Hall of Music records
- Jon Hathaway
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- First edition