Heavilon Hall records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 123
Scope and Contents
The Heavilon Hall records contain invitations to the building's original dedication in 1892. A document describing restoration efforts after a damaging fire as well as the blueprints of the planned renovations can also be found in the collection.
- 1892 - 1898
- Purdue University (Organization)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Collection material is in the public domain.
Heavilon Hall, originally known as the Engineering Laboratory, was dedicated in January 1894 and burned to the ground four days later. Restoration efforts were made to the building and machinery contained within the building. Blueprints for the remodel were drafted and published in 1898. Renamed Heavilon Hall in 1956. Currently the building houses the Departments of English and Speech, and the Speech and Hearing Clinic along with other related activities such as debating, developmental reading, and research in speech and hearing disorders.
0.075 Cubic Feet (Three folders)
Source and date of acquisition are unknown.
The collection is housed in an acid-free folders.
- Heavilon Hall records
- Jon Hathaway
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- First edition