Fowler Hall records
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 54, Placement: 03
Identifier: UA 118
Scope and Contents
The Fowler Hall records contain materials related to the dedication of Eliza Fowler Hall and its organ.
- 1901 - 1923
- Purdue University (Organization)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Material is in the public domain.
In 1901, Eliza Fowler of Lafayette donated $70,000 for the creation of a building to serve as a general assembly hall, chapel, and auditorium at Purdue. The building was completed and dedicated in 1904, named in honor of its primary benefactor. A pipe organ was donated by her son, James Fowler. The original Eliza Fowler Hall was demolished in 1954 and a new Fowler Hall built on the same footprint as part of Stewart Center.
0.05 Cubic Feet (Two folders)
Source and date of acquisition are unknown.
Collection housed in acid-free folders.
- Fowler Hall records
- Jon Hathaway and Adriana Harmeyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description was first completed 2017-09-11.
- 2018-06-20: Collection rehoused; collection hierarchy and description updated by Adriana Harmeyer.
- 2020-05-18: Collection description updated by Adelle Rogers.