Class of 1950 Lecture Hall records
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 60, Placement: 06
Identifier: UA 117
Scope and Contents
The Class of 1950 Lecture Hall records contain a dedication ceremony invitation as well as an information booklet discussing details of the building.
- Purdue University (Organization)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University.
The cornerstone of the Class of 1950 Lecture Hall was laid during Gala week of 1990 and the formal dedication ceremony took place on October 20, 1990, during Homecoming. The building is dedicated to the class of 1950 due to their very generous gift of over $1 million. The Class of 1950 Lecture Hall consists of an auditorium that seats 500 and three additional classrooms which can accommodate 29-40 people each. Inside the southwest column is a time capsule of the Class of 1950, and on the second floor there is a 700 pound bronze statue of two classmates from the Class of 1950 entitled "The Way It Was." The Class of 1950 Lecture Hall is located next to Stanley Coulter Hall and is connected to Peirce Hall and the Psychological Sciences building.
Source: Purdue University Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
0.05 Cubic Feet (One folder)
Booklet donated by Robert and Melinda Bain in 2010. Source and date of invitation acquisition are unknown.
Collection housed in acid-free folder.
- Class of 1950 Lecture Hall records
- Jon Hathaway
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- First edition.