Ross-Ade Stadium records
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 60, Placement: 01
Identifier: UA 112
The Ross-Ade Stadium Records contains two information pamphlets about Ross-Ade Stadium and the Ross-Ade Foundation, one from 1924 and one from 1925. They list members of the Ross-Ade Foundation as well as provide information about the recreational field and stadium.
- 1924 - 1925
- Purdue University (Organization)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University.
0.025 Cubic Feet (One folder)
Ross-Ade Recreational Field and Stadium was dedicated on November 22, 1924. The stadium is named for its two principal benefactors, alumni David E. Ross, president of the Board of Trustees, and George Ade, a playwright and humorist, who collaborated to select, raise funds, and acquire the 65-acre tract on which the stadium is located. The stadium has been renovated several times since its dedication.
Source: Purdue University Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
Source and date of acquisition are unknown.
Collection housed in acid-free folder.
- Ross-Ade Stadium records
- Jon Hathaway
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- First edition.