Stewart Center records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 110
Scope and Contents
The Stewart Center records contain floor plans and materials related to the building's construction. Correspondence between Dr. John H. Moriarty and the various distinguished groups and individuals invited to the dedication ceremony can be found within the collection. A program from the first student play held in Loeb Playhouse is also contained within the collection as well as several library documents.
- 1955 - 1980
- Purdue University (Organization)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University.
Construction began on what was originally known as the Purdue Memorial Union Annex in 1954, meant to provide space for dramatic, musical, and forensic performances; exhibit and demonstration rooms; headquarters for the Division of Adult Education; and recreational and browsing rooms. The building was known as Purdue Memorial Center upon its dedication in 1958. The building was formally renamed Stewart Center on June 9, 1972, honoring R.B. and Lillian Stewart for their service to the university. In addition to several administrative offices, Stewart Center is home to the Humanities, Social Science, and Education Library.
0.425 Cubic Feet (Fifteen folders and two flat folders)
The collection is arranged into 3 series.
- Pamphlets and Booklets
The majority of materials were transferred via Purdue University offices and departments.
Collection housed in acid-free folders.
- Stewart Center records
- Jon Hathaway
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- First edition.