Paul Million papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSF 512
The Paul Million papers document Million's career as a history professor at Purdue, research into the history of Purdue and of the History Department, and involvement with the Matchette Foundation.
- 1874 - 1984
- Million, Paul Eugene, Jr., 1921-2000 (Person)
Languages of Materials
Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright restrictions may apply.
1.40 Cubic Feet (One cubic foot box and one letter-size full-width manuscript box)
Paul Eugene Million Jr. was a professor in the History Department at Purdue University for 38 years beginning in 1948. He served in the United States Navy during World War II and the Korean War, retiring as a commander. Million served on the West Lafayette City Council, elected in 1971 as the first ever Democrat elected to the position. Million was president of the Tippecanoe County Historical Association and was named a Sagamore of the Wabash.
The collection is arranged in two series with the first having three sub-series.
- Purdue University Materials
- Matchette Foundation Materials
Collection donated in April 1986.
All materials have been rehoused in acid-free folders and boxes and arranged by topic. Rubber bands, staples, and paper clips have been removed.
- Paul Million papers
- Archives Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description first completed in 1986.
- 2018-02-10: Changed collection identifier from 00000PM1 to MSF 512, by Neal Harmeyer.
- 2018-04-25: Rehoused collection in archival boxes and updated electronic record in ArchivesSpace by Jon Hathaway.