Robert A. Moller scrapbook
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSA 329
Scope and Contents
The Robert A. Moller scrapbook documents the student and military life of Purdue Chemical Engineering student Robert Moller. Most content is related to Moller’s personal acquaintances, though the scrapbook includes several photographs of Purdue campus and scenes around the Greater Lafayette area. Because Moller withdrew from Purdue during his second year (February 1920), materials cover mostly first-year student experiences. The scrapbook includes clippings (information artifacts), photographs, and publications (documents). This collection may be useful to researchers interested in collegiate life, fashion, culture, and customs in the American midwest directly following the First World War (1919-1920).
- Majority of material found within 1919 - 1920
- Moller, Robert A. (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material is in English.
This collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue Unviersity.
Originally a resident of East St. Louis, Illinois, Robert A. Moller enrolled at Purdue University in 1918. Admitted into the Chemical Engineering program, Moller pledged as a member of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity and was a military recruit in Purdue’s Battery C. Moller withdrew from Purdue University in February 1920.
0.406 Cubic Feet (1 deep lid newspaper box)
This collection material was acquired on May 10, 2016.
The original order of the materials has been retained. Materials have been housed in an acid-free box with acid-free tissue paper serving as a spacer. One loose landscape sized photo was placed into a clear archival sleeve. Acid-free paper sheets were placed between scrapbook pages with photographs attached to them.
- Clippings (Information artifacts)
- College students
- College students -- Conduct of life
- Indiana (state)
- Lafayette (Ind.)
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
- Publications (Documents)
- Purdue University -- Students -- Social life and customs -- 20th Century
- Purdue University. Army ROTC
- Student activities -- United States
- Robert A. Moller scrapbook
- Amanda J. Rumba, Saad Mukhtar, Stephen Horrocks
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Edition statement
- Second edition. Collection description was first completed in 5/2017 by Stephen Horrocks. Description was modified on 4/30/2019 by Saad Mukhtar.