John F. Stover papers
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 38, Placement: 02
Identifier: MSF 365
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of one folder which contains articles by John F. Stover.
- 1955 - 1957
- Stover, John F., 1912-2007 (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection materials are in English.
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Use Information
Copyright held by Purdue University. Consult with Purdue University Archives and Special Collections prior to reproduction of materials.
John F. Stover received his B.A. (1934) and M.A. (1937) from the University of Nebraska and his Ph.D. (1951) from the University of Wisconsin. John came to Purdue in 1947 and served 31 years, till his retirement in 1978. While on the faculty his many books and articles established him as a leading scholar of the history of American railroads, and he continued publishing actively in the field since his retirement and prior to his death in 2007.
0.025 Cubic Feet (One folder)
- John F. Stover papers
- In Progress
- Mary A. Sego and Keertana Marella
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Second Edition. Collection description was first completed 2011-01-04.
- 2020-04-06: Collection description updated by Keertana Marella