Skip to main content

Purdue Road School Program, 1930 - 1983

 Sub-Series — Box: 9
Identifier: UA 89, Series 2, Sub-Series 3

Scope and Contents

In January 1913, W. K. Hatt, Head of the School of Civil Engineering made a request for a Civil Engineering Conference to cover the needs of county surveyors and city engineers. Roads and streets were heavily involved. A similar conference was held in 1914 at which a resolution was passed which called for a provision in the laws of Indiana that there be a yearly "School of Good Roads." In 1915, the name of the Civil Engineering Conference was changed to the "Purdue Road School."

In this sub-series one will find a 1930 Road School program, along with bulletins from the 1970s and 1980s.


  • 1930 - 1983

Language of Materials

From the Collection: Collection material is in English.

Access Information

The collection is open for research.


0.552 Cubic Feet (One legal-size full-width manuscript box)


Repository Details

Part of the Purdue University Archives and Special Collections Repository

504 Mitch Daniels Boulevard
West Lafayette Indiana 47907 United States