Other Purdue Material, 1940 - 1985
Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSF 334, Series 6
Scope and Contents
This series contains miscellaneous materials related to Schleman's tenure at Purdue, including her advocacy for equal rights for women students and faculty. Of particular note are materials that document Schleman's nomination of ten women for President of Purdue in 1970, the Schleman Gold Medallion Award and the 1979 TIAA pension lawsuit.
- 1940 - 1985
Language of Materials
From the Collection: Collection material is in English.
The collection is open for research.
0.6 Cubic Feet (One full-width letter size manuscript box plus eight folders that fill approximately half of a full-width manuscript box)
- Affirmative action programs
- Clippings files
- Feminism and higher education
- Gilbreth, Lillian Moller, 1878 - 1972
- Purdue University. Office of the Dean of Women
- Schleman, Helen B. (Helen Blanche), 1902-1992
- Sex discrimination in education
- Stratton, Dorothy C. (Dorothy Constance), 1899-2006
- TIAA-CREF -- Lawsuit -- 1980s
- United States. Coast Guard. Women's Reserve
- Women deans (Education) -- Indiana
- Women in higher education
- Women's rights