Curtis, Kenneth S. (Kenneth Stewart)
- Existence: October 10, 1925-October 14, 2018
A local resident and recipient of BS degree from Purdue in 1946 and masters in 1946, recounts work in the School of Civil Engineering, particularly surveying and mapping. Was involved with Ross Camp and gives description of camp function and activities. The camp had been started in 1913 and closed in 1960. From 1929 till its closing, was located west of campus on land given to the University by David Ross. Campus life in the 1950's and 1960's and beyond. He is recipient of the National Council of Land Surveyors; Earl J. Fenney Award of American Congress on Surveying and Mapping. In retirement, he has maintained affiliation with Professional Surveying Association and WALLA [Wabash Area Lifetime Learning Association Inc.]
CitationMSO 1, Purdue University Archives and Special Collections Oral History Program collection, Purdue University Archives and Special Collections, Purdue University Libraries.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSO 1
Scope and Contents The Purdue University Archives and Special Collections Oral History Program collection documents the history of Purdue University. The collection consists of recordings and transcripts of oral history interviews conducted with individuals associated with Purdue University. This is an active collection and will be frequently added to on an ongoing basis.