Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Heavilon Hall (West Lafayette, Ind. : 1959-)



  • Existence: 1959-

Historical Information

The third building referred to as Heavilon Hall on Purdue's Campus was erected in 1959. The first building burned down four days after it was dedicated and the second Heavilon Hall was partially torn down in 1956 to make room for this building and as then fully torn down in 1969. This building originally housed the Departments of English and Speech, and the Speech and Hearing Clinic. Other related activities such as debating, developmental reading, and research in speech and hearing disorders were also conducted in this building.


Heavilon Hall. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed May 7, 2020.