Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Electrical Engineering (West Lafayette, Ind. : 1890-1950)



  • Existence: 1890 - 1950

Historical Information

The first electrical engineering-specific building on campus was built in 1890. It was enlarged in 1897 and 1906 and, during the second addition, it was renamed Electrical Engineering. The building was also expanded in 1918, remodeled in 1926, had the tower removed in 1932, and was torn down in 1950. It was also referred to at times as the Electrical Building.


Electrical Engineering Building. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed May 4, 2020.