Fowler Courts (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1956 - 1994
Originally called the Student Union B Courts, the State Street Courts provided housing for 800 men which was a small portion of of the anticipated increased student population. The residence courts were built with the Student Memorial Union Courts at a combined cost of approximately $1,300,000. They were completely self-financed and are located near the old poultry building which was being remodeled to provide dining hall service and recreational facilities for the court residents. They were renamed the Fowler Courts in 1965 and closed in 1994.
CitationFowler Courts. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed April 23, 2020. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/265
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 43
Scope and Contents The Fowler Courts Residence Hall records document the history of Fowler Courts Residence Hall and Fowler House. The records include annual reports, orientation guidebooks and handbooks, faculty fellow directories, yearbooks and calendars. Also included are Purdue Residence Hall dress code standards and guest hours polices from the 1960s-1980s. Historical documents consist of background information on the closing of Harrison Street Courts and the transition to South Campus Courts,...
Dates: circa 1920s - 1993; Majority of material found within 1954 - 1993