Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Engineering Administration Building (West Lafayette, Ind.)



  • Existence: 1929 - 2014

Historical Information

The Service and Stores building was constructed in 1929 to house the Physical Plant and Stores Division of the Purchasing Department. The building had major additions added in 1933 and 1938. In 1941, shortly before Pearl Harbor, a defense program was started in the Purchasing Department's central office which was located in the Service and Stores building. Starting in 1962 the building was renamed the Engineering Administration building and the Computer Science Department was created. Classes for this department were held in the Engineering Administration building until 1967 when they moved to the Mathematical Sciences Building. The building then housed the Office of Marketing and Media, the Summer Transition, Advising and Registration (STAR) program; and the LGBTQ Center. In the Fall of 2014 this building was torn down with the Old Heating and Power Plant - North to Make room for the Wilmeth Active Learning Center.


Engineering Administration Building. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed April 22, 2020.