Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Education Building (West Lafayette, Ind.)



  • Existence: 1907 - 1990

Historical Information

The Chemistry department was moved from Science Hall into the Chemistry Building in 1907. The building had three floors with an attic. It contained chemistry laboratories, lecture rooms, classrooms, preparation rooms, stock rooms, a library, a dark room, and offices. Due to the expansion of the chemistry department, a new Chemistry building (the current Richard Benbridge Wetherill Lab of Chemistry) was built in 1930. The Chemistry Building was called the Education building starting in the 1930s because the education department moved into the building. The building was torn down in 1990 to make room for Steven C. Beering Hall of Liberal Arts and Education.


Education Building. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed April 22, 2020.