University Library (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1913 - 1958
The original free-standing library of Purdue University was built in 1913 to meet the needs of the university. Before this building was built, books were stored in University Hall. In 1934 two wings were added to the library and a temporary annex was added to the library in 1947. The temporary annex was removed in 1954 and, in 1958, the Stewart Center was built around/absorbed the original library.
CitationUniversity Library. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed September 20, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/212
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.
Dates: 1938 - 1958