Pharmacy Building (West Lafayette, Ind. : 1874-1959)
- Existence: 1874 - 1959
Originally called the Laboratory, the Pharmacy building was completed in 1874 and was constructed using brick. It was two stories tall with a one-story extension and a high basement. It contained about twenty rooms and originally housed the school of pharmacy, the department of chemistry, the department of physics, the department of mechanics, and the department of civil engineering. The main portion of the structure contained a lecture room, balance room, store rooms, office, reading room, pharmacognosy room, prescription room, and special laboratories. The general laboratory occupied the extension, and furnished accommodations for 130 students. In 1881, an addition was added to make additional room for the School of Mechanics. The building was expanded in 1889 so that the School of Pharmacy had its own separate laboratory at the rear of the building. In 1893, the building was renamed the Pharmacy Building and it was renamed Building No. 2 in 1932.The building was eventually demolished in 1959.
CitationPharmacy Building. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed September 19, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/203
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.
Dates: 1938 - 1958