Stanley Coulter Hall (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1917-
Stanley Coulter Hall, also known as the Biology Building, was built in 1917. It was built using stone and brick and contained three working floors. When it was built, it contained six general student laboratories, nine class rooms, a lecture room, departmental and administrative offices, a museum and herbarium, an animal room, and stock rooms. In 1959 the Department of Biological Sciences moved out of the building and the building was largely remodeled in order to house the Department of Modern Languages. In 1994 a large addition was added to the north end.
CitationStanley Coulter Hall. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed September 19, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/213
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.
Dates: 1938 - 1958