Armory (West Lafayette, Ind. : 1918-)
- Existence: 1918-
The armory was built in the same location as the armory that burned down in 1916. When it was built, the Armory housed the Army, Air Force, and Navy ROTC Battalions. It also consisted of 3 classrooms, offices, and a large drill deck shed complete with a rifle range. The All-American Marching Band also houses the Big Bass Drum in the Armory. On January 13, 1928, a fire broke out in the oil store room and ignited the wooden sheeting on the northern end of the roof. The fire worked its way southward along the roof until roofing tiles dropped to the floor below. The fire also damaged the northern wall of the Armory.
CitationArmory. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 19, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/87
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.