Agricultural Administration Building (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1908-
At its opening the new Agricultural Experiment Station Building was two stories high with a basement. It was constructed using brick, stone trimmings, a tile roof, reinforced concrete floors, iron and slate stairs, and utilized fireproof construction throughout. When it was built, it was one of the largest buildings on campus and many deemed it one of the best buildings in the United States to be devoted exclusively to experiment station work. The new structure replaced the functions of the old experiment station that was torn down in 1907. During its history, this building underwent multiple renovations and name changes and was renamed the Agricultural Administration Building in 1969.
CitationAgricultural Administration Building. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed September 18, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/96
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 60, Placement: 17
Identifier: UA 129
Scope and Contents The Agricultural Administration Building records contain three copies of the program for the building's dedication on January 14, 1909.
Dates: January 14, 1909