Power Plant (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1904 - 1929
The second Power Plant was built in 1904. It held four 250-(hp) boilers and one 75-(kv.a.) engine driven generator. The new Power Plant was built to replace the Gas and Boiler House (also known as the engine house) that was built in 1974. In 1909, a boiler was added and the general equipment increased with a purchase of a new 225-(kv.a.) engine-driven generator. This was sustainable for less than five years and, in 1912, another boiler was added to this plant. It became inadequate to meet the needs of the university and was replaced by the North Heating and Power Plant that was built in 1925.
CitationPower Plant. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 16, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/193
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 61, Placement: 04
Identifier: UA 135
Scope and Contents The Purdue Physical Plant records contain an engineering survey of the plant completed by A. A. Potter in 1921 and a guide to the services provided by the Physical Plant.
Dates: 1921 - 1979