Mechanical Engineering Building (West Lafayette, Ind. : 1931-)
- Existence: 1931-
The Mechanical Engineering building, originally called the New Mechanical Engineering building, was built northwest of Michael Golden Engineering Laboratory and Shops and north of the old Mechanical Engineering building (soon renamed Heavilon Hall). The first part of construction was completed in 1931 and the second part was completed in 1933. In 1942 the Aeronautical Engineering Building was built northeast of the Mechanical Engineering Building. In 1950 the Mechanical Engineering Building was expanded and connected to the Aeronautical Engineering Building. The Roger B. Gatewood Wing was added in 2009.
CitationMechanical Engineering Building. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed September 16, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/249
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.
Dates: 1938 - 1958