Matthews Hall (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1923-
Matthews Hall, originally the Home Economics Building, is located to the southwest end of Oval Drive. It was constructed in 1921 using brick and stone and was used for Home Economics courses. It was renamed Home Economics Two when Stone Hall was built in 1954. In March of 1972, a substantial fire occurred on the second floor that required a renovation. The building was renamed Matthews Hall in November 1976.
CitationMatthews Hall. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 16, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/68
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.
Dates: 1938 - 1958
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 140
Scope and Contents The Matthews Hall records contains a student's academic paper documenting the history of the buildings, photographs of the exterior and interior of the building, and hand-drawn sketches.