Edward C. Elliott Hall Of Music (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1940-
The Edward C. Elliott Hall Of Music, originally the Hall of Music, is a five-story, 280-by-190-foot structure with an air-conditioned main auditorium, balcony, and gallery. When it was built it contained seating for 6,148 people, band instruments, practice rooms, main radio broadcasting studios, offices, dressing rooms, and band drill rooms. It was erected as a Public Works Administration (PWA) project and was renamed the Elliott Hall of Music in 1958.
CitationEdward C. Elliott Hall Of Music. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 16, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/131
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Campus Art Survey records
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 62, Placement: 02
Identifier: UA 142
Scope and Contents The Campus Art Survey records contain reports and inventories of the various paintings and works of art that were present on campus. The reports include the locations of the works of art at that time.
Dates: 1938 - 1958