Edward C. Elliott Hall Of Music (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1940-
The Edward C. Elliott Hall Of Music, originally the Hall of Music, is a five-story, 280-by-190-foot structure with an air-conditioned main auditorium, balcony, and gallery. When it was built it contained seating for 6,148 people, band instruments, practice rooms, main radio broadcasting studios, offices, dressing rooms, and band drill rooms. It was erected as a Public Works Administration (PWA) project and was renamed the Elliott Hall of Music in 1958.
CitationEdward C. Elliott Hall Of Music. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 16, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/131
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 40
Scope and Contents This collection documents Purdue University's musical organizations including the Choral Society, Glee Club, Symphony Orchestra, and University bands. Materials include song books, scrapbook, programs, sheet music, and record albums. Includes information on well-known Purdue songs, such as "Hail Purdue," as well as lesser-known Purdue songs performed at convocations, football games against Indiana University, and related events. Some late 19th century song books not specific to Purdue but...
Dates: 1876 - 2005; Majority of material found within 1900 - 1960s