Ladies Hall (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1874 - 1927
Ladies Hall was built in 1872 and contained a spacious dining room, a kitchen, laundry room, and other rooms expected to be associated with a boarding house. The hall also contained rooms for families, servants, members of the Faculty, and young ladies. However, only twenty ladies could be accommodated and all the women were supervised by a female member of the Purdue faculty. Ladies Hall also had a complete suite of rooms for the school of Industrial Art. This included a large lecture hall, four smaller rooms for shading and modeling in clay, an office, a library, and two basement rooms for special work.
CitationLadies Hall. Purdue Campus Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Access September 13, 2019. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/204
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSA 262
Scope and Contents The William Chester Halstead photographs document Purdue University, students, faculty, and staff during the 1890s, featuring buildings, student groups, such as the cyclists, drum corps, and artillery. Photographs of note include the burned-out structure of Heavilon Hall and President Smart in his office. The collection also documents the Lafayette area.
Dates: circa 1890s
Unprocessed — Box: Communal Accessions 22