Purdue University Theatre
Theatre at Purdue began very early in the school's history with the Harlequin Club, the Little Theatre Players, and the English Department Players. It wasn't until 1929, with the inception of the Purdue Playshop, that theatre became an official extracurricular activity at Purdue. In 1956, theatre was recognized as a curricular activity under the Speech Department and, a few years later, was renamed Purdue University Theatre. Experimental Theatre began in 1939 to preview prospective Playshop performances to a select audience. Purdue Summer Theatre began in 1960 and was later renamed the Purdue Professional Theatre Company. An MFA in Theatre was developed in 1976.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSF 480
Scope and Contents The Erling E. Kildahl scrapbooks and papers contains thirteen scrapbooks compiled by Erling Kildahl. The scrapbooks contain information concerning the Purdue Theatre and Purdue Playshop productions, as well as the Lafayette Little Theatre and the Pasadena Playhouse. Newspaper clippings of the productions as well as set and cast photographs can be found in the scrapbooks. Journal articles that Professor Kildahl contributed to can be found within the collection as well.
Dates: 1944 - 1990