Purdue University Theatre
Theatre at Purdue began very early in the school's history with the Harlequin Club, the Little Theatre Players, and the English Department Players. It wasn't until 1929, with the inception of the Purdue Playshop, that theatre became an official extracurricular activity at Purdue. In 1956, theatre was recognized as a curricular activity under the Speech Department and, a few years later, was renamed Purdue University Theatre. Experimental Theatre began in 1939 to preview prospective Playshop performances to a select audience. Purdue Summer Theatre began in 1960 and was later renamed the Purdue Professional Theatre Company. An MFA in Theatre was developed in 1976.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 102
Scope and Contents The Purdue University Theatre records contains playbills, posters, and photos from the Purdue Theatre and other student theatre productions. The collection also contains programs from Convocations.
Dates: 1895 - 2013