Ross-Ade Stadium (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1924-
Ross-Ade Stadium opened in 1924. Named after famed Purdue alumni David E. Ross and George Ade, the stadium was intended for athletic contests and physical and military training. Its dedication occurred November 22, 1924, in a game against Purdue's rival Indiana University. The Boilermakers won the game 26-7. From 2001 to 2003 Ross-Ade Stadium underwent a major renovation, adding seating, concessions, and an upper deck on the east side of the stadium. Multiple other renovations have occurred since the intitial stadium construction.
CitationRoss-Ade Stadium. Purdue University Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed May 26, 2020. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/114
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSP 160
Scope and Contents The Purdue University Athletics collection documents Purdue athletics from the earliest years to recent times. The majority of the collection consists of items related to Purdue football; a scrapbook of clippings from the 1800s that contains Purdue football related articles from Lafayette, Indianapolis and Chicago newspapers. The clippings include an article about Purdue’s first football win on November 16, 1889, an article about the game against Wabash, November 23, 1889, that prompted the...
Dates: 1880 - 2016