Ross-Ade Stadium (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1924-
Ross-Ade Stadium opened in 1924. Named after famed Purdue alumni David E. Ross and George Ade, the stadium was intended for athletic contests and physical and military training. Its dedication occurred November 22, 1924, in a game against Purdue's rival Indiana University. The Boilermakers won the game 26-7. From 2001 to 2003 Ross-Ade Stadium underwent a major renovation, adding seating, concessions, and an upper deck on the east side of the stadium. Multiple other renovations have occurred since the intitial stadium construction.
CitationRoss-Ade Stadium. Purdue University Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed May 26, 2020. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/114
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
School of Hospitality and Tourism Management collection of Purdue photographs and memorabilia
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 82
Abstract Photographs and artifacts documenting Purdue history and Hospitality and Tourism Management Department events.
Dates: 1890 - 1991