Ross-Ade Stadium (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Existence: 1924-
Ross-Ade Stadium opened in 1924. Named after famed Purdue alumni David E. Ross and George Ade, the stadium was intended for athletic contests and physical and military training. Its dedication occurred November 22, 1924, in a game against Purdue's rival Indiana University. The Boilermakers won the game 26-7. From 2001 to 2003 Ross-Ade Stadium underwent a major renovation, adding seating, concessions, and an upper deck on the east side of the stadium. Multiple other renovations have occurred since the intitial stadium construction.
CitationRoss-Ade Stadium. Purdue University Facilities and Buildings Historic Database. Accessed May 26, 2020. http://collections.lib.purdue.edu/campus/buildings/114
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Box: Communal Collections 60, Placement: 01
Identifier: UA 112
Scope and Contents The Ross-Ade Stadium Records contains two information pamphlets about Ross-Ade Stadium and the Ross-Ade Foundation, one from 1924 and one from 1925. They list members of the Ross-Ade Foundation as well as provide information about the recreational field and stadium.
Dates: 1924 - 1925