Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Purdue University. Hillenbrand Biomedical Engineering Center

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1974 - 1998

Historical Information

The Hillenbrand Biomedical Engineering Center was established in 1974 by Leslie Geddes. It was primarily a lab for cardiovascular research. In 1998, it was integrated Purdue's new Department of Biomedical Engineering.

Citation

Purdue Engineering website https://engineering.purdue.edu/BME/AboutUs/History

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Purdue University College of Engineering records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 89
Scope and Contents The Purdue University College of Engineering records document the historical background of the College; included are many historical documents, annual reports, pamphlets, publicity, department brochures, pamphlets, and programs, newsletters, publications, alumni information and various related material.Some items of note are key historical documents from the earliest Purdue Engineering Laboratories, such as the Locomotive and Automobile Test Laboratories. Also included is...
Dates: 1859 - 2013

Leslie and LaNelle Geddes papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSF 486
Scope and Contents The Leslie and LaNelle Geddes paper document the personal and professional lives of Dr. Leslie Geddes and Dr. LaNelle Geddes. Dr. Leslie Geddes’ project files, lecture notes, and awards are particularly well-represented in this collection, as is Dr. LaNelle Geddes’ speeches, teaching awards, and correspondence.
Dates: 1921 - 2015