Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Purdue University. Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: July 1, 1998 -

Historical Information

The Department of Biomedical Engineering at Purdue was established on July 1, 1998. In November 2004, it became part of the new Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering. It is the result of collaboration between the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Purdue and the Indiana University Schools of Dentistry and Medicine. Weldon emphasizes interdisciplinary education and research, and its committee includes individuals from a variety of science, engineering, and technology fields.

Citation

Purdue Engineering website https://engineering.purdue.edu/BME/AboutUs/History

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Beseler Slide King II projector

 Unprocessed — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 20150416.1

Purdue University College of Engineering records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 89
Scope and Contents The Purdue University College of Engineering records document the historical background of the College; included are many historical documents, annual reports, pamphlets, publicity, department brochures, pamphlets, and programs, newsletters, publications, alumni information and various related material.Some items of note are key historical documents from the earliest Purdue Engineering Laboratories, such as the Locomotive and Automobile Test Laboratories. Also included is...
Dates: 1859 - 2013

Leslie and LaNelle Geddes papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSF 486
Scope and Contents The Leslie and LaNelle Geddes paper document the personal and professional lives of Dr. Leslie Geddes and Dr. LaNelle Geddes. Dr. Leslie Geddes’ project files, lecture notes, and awards are particularly well-represented in this collection, as is Dr. LaNelle Geddes’ speeches, teaching awards, and correspondence.
Dates: 1921 - 2015